Pictured with roast chicken, it's the perfect addition to any roast meat dish! You'll love the crispy potatoes infused with flavoursome herb oil and featuring a delicious parmesan kick.
- 2 kg medium chat potatoes, unpeeled
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes to season
- 12 cloves garlic, unpeeled, smashed
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 10 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220°C conventional). Put potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water over a high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes or until just tender
- Drain potatoes into a colander then transfer to a chopping board. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, pour oil into two 30 x 20cm oven trays. Put trays in oven for 3 minutes or
until oil is very hot.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, use the back of an egg flip or the base of a heavy glass to squash potatoes
- Carefully transfer smashed potatoes to hot oil in trays. Season with salt and scatter with garlic, rosemary and thyme. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn then roast for a further 20 minutes
- Remove trays from oven and scatter parmesan over smashed potatoes. Return to oven for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are golden
- Meanwhile, to make herb oil, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season
- Drizzle herb oil over smashed potatoes and serve immediately.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.0 g|
|- Sugars||2.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|