- Serves 2
This 35-min light meal for two is a great weeknight dinner or lunch option!
- 25 g quinoa
- 125 ml boiling water
- 250 g large red apple, quartered, cored, thickly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, seeded, flattened
- 250 g skinless chicken breast fillet, trimmed of excess fat
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve. Put the quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, 12-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large chargrill pan on medium-high heat. Spray the apple, capsicum and chicken with cooking spray. Add to the chargrill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for the apples and capsicum and 4 minutes each side for the chicken. Transfer to a plate.
- Tear the chicken into thick pieces and cut the capsicum into thick strips. Place in a medium bowl with the apple slices, almonds, parsley, lemon juice and oil. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Add the quinoa and toss to combine. Serve.
To toast almonds, spread on a baking tray and cook in an oven preheated to 170 C (fan-forced) for 7-8 minutes or until light golden brown.
] To serve as a light meal, simply omit the quinoa and boiling water.
Per Serve: 1458kJ, protein 33g, fat 14.2g (sat fat 2g), carbs 18g, fibre 7g, sodium 76mg. Carb exchanges: 1 1/4. Estimated GI low. Lower carb option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.9 g|
|- Sugars||15.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.7 g|