- Serves 4
A classic British fave that also happens to be an excellent winter warmer for cold weeknights! The whole family will love these mini pots of deliciousness.
- 850 g sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 500 g beef sausages, chopped
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- ¼ cup traditional gravy powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 10 g beef stock cube, crumbled
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Grease four ovenproof dishes (1½ cup-capacity).
- Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash. Stir in half the cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add sausages. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove from pan
- Add onion to same hot pan.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Whisk water, gravy powder, sauce, mustard and stock cube in a jug until combined. Add to pan. Return sausages. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in peas and parsley.
- Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes. Top with mash. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 15 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden.
- Garnish with extra parsley.
For a change, replace beef sausages with lamb and mustard with mint sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.0 g|
|- Sugars||9.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.2 g|