- Serves 4
These 30-min gratins are so easy! Things will go swimmingly at dinner with this tender fish and crumby, golden crust topping. Everyone will want your secret!
- 4 x 170 g white fish fillets, boneless
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Cheese and spinach sauce
- 50 g butter, chopped
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- ⅔ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Grease four ovenproof dishes (2-cup capacity).
- To make sauce, melt butter
in a large saucepan over a medium
heat until bubbling. Add flour.
Cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk, then mustard. Return to heat. Whisk over a high heat until boiling and thickened. Remove. Stir in spinach and half the parmesan.
- Combine remaining parmesan, breadcrumbs and parsley in a bowl.
- Place a fish fillet in each prepared dish. Pour over sauce. Sprinkle over crumb mixture. Place dishes on a large oven tray
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 15 minutes, or until fish is tender and crumbs are golden.
We used blue eyed cod, but it can be replaced with ling, basa, hoki or other types of thick, firm, white fish.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.7 g|