30-minute rissoles served with an unmissable apple relish – you'll adore this mix of flavours so much that it might even become a regular weeknight dinner!
- 600 g pork mince
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup instant stuffing mix
- 1 red onion, grated
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- steamed carrots to serve
- steamed baby chat potatoes, to serve
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green apples, peeled, cut into 1.5 cm pieces
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- To make relish, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a low to medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until soft. Add apples, sugar, vinegar and seeds. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until apples are soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine mince, rosemary, stuffing mix, onion, egg and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into eight rissoles.
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, frying pan over a medium heat. Add rissoles. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through
- Top rissoles with apple relish. Serve with carrots and potatoes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||14.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||46.8 g|
|- Sugars||22.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|