- Serves 8
Everyone will want to "quiche" the chef when they try this incredible dish. It's versatile, so you can serve it for lunch, brunch, dinner…maybe even breakfast!
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 250 g packet frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup shredded ham slice
- ½ x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cups pure cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a 23cm round, loose-base flan tin (3 ½ cm deep).
- Sandwich pastry sheets together at different angles, on a clean surface. Lift into tin. Press to cover base and side. Trim edge. Place on an oven tray.
- Squeeze excess liquid from spinach. Arrange over pastry base. Top with ham, tomatoes and cheese.
- Whisk eggs and cream in a large jug. Season with salt and pepper. Slowly pour over filling.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for 20 minutes. Cover with greased foil. Cook for a further 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and filling is set. Remove from oven. Stand in tin for 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve quiche warm or at room temperature topped with salad leaves.
Quiche can be made up to one day ahead. Reheat, lightly covered with foil, in a moderately slow oven (160°C) until hot.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.5 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|