Try Create Bake Make's delicious slice that's perfect for kids' lunchboxes and afternoon tea snacks. Kids will love the novelty of eating cereal as a snack!
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter
- 4 cups puffed rice cereal (or gluten-free puffed rice cereal)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Line an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Place the honey, caster sugar and butter in a large saucepan, and bring to a slow boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the heat off.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and coconut to the saucepan, and carefully mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to your slice tin and flatten it by pressing down with the back of a spoon. Place the slice into the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Cut into pieces to serve.
● If you prefer, you can omit or reduce the sugar for this recipe – the slice may be a little crumbly if you do, but still delicious.
● You can store this slice in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last for up to 7 days.
● You can cut this slice into thin bars to resemble store-bought bars.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||21.5 g|
|- Sugars||13.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|