- Makes 30
Give yourself a mid-afternoon, mid-week energy boost. Take these to work in your lunch box, you'll be the envy of the office!
- 225 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups icing sugar mixture
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 3 tsp Camp coffee essence
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Transfer to a large bowl of an electric mixer. Add flour and almond meal. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Transfer half the mixture to a lightly floured bench. Knead lightly until smooth. Divide in half. Shape each portion into round, flat discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add essence and extra flour to remaining mixture in bowl. Stir until just combined. Transfer to a floured bench. Knead lightly until smooth. Divide in half, then roll each portion into a 20cm log (2cm thick). Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll out disc of dough into a 16cm x 20cm rectangle (½ cm thick). Place one coffee log onto one long side of almond dough, then roll up to enclose. Repeat with remaining disc and log. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Trim ends from each log. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange about 3cm apart on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160°C), swapping trays halfway through, for 18 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven. Stand for 5 minutes on trays.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before serving
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|