- Serves 4
Enjoy this tasty special dinner at a dinner party. Tender lobster is perfectly paired with almond aioli, and grilled baguette is a great crunchy addition.
- 2 medium lobsters
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 1 baguette, sliced, grilled
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, to serve
- Put a large saucepan of seawater or well-salted water over a fire or on a stovetop over a high heat and bring to the boil. Using a sharp knife, spike lobsters through
middle of head then put in pan. Cook for 20 minutes then refresh in iced water
- Using knife, split lobsters lengthways. Remove tail meat and set aside. Remove meat from sides of inside of carapaces (upper section of shell) and from claws. Set aside. Use a spoon to scrape the ‘mustard’ from inside of carapaces (this is part of the lobster’s liver) and put in a large bowl
- To make almond aioli, use a mortar and pestle to pound almonds and garlic until smooth then add to lobster ‘mustard’. Mix in egg yolks, dijon and vinegar then whisk until smooth. Continue whisking as you add vegetable oil and ½ of the olive oil in a steady stream until thickened. Season with salt.
- Drizzle baguette slices with remaining olive oil and spread with aioli. Slice lobster meat and arrange on baguette slices and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.6 g|
|- Sugars||2.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|