- Makes 40
Get your afternoon coffee hit with these delicious biscuits featuring hazelnut. You'll love this blend of flavours in a classic Greek bikkie form.
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g hazelnut meal
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced (180°C conventional). Line 4 oven trays with baking paper. Put butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat on low, using an electric hand mixer, until just combined then increase to high for 2 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Combine coffee, vanilla, egg yolk and 2 Tbsp warm water in a small bowl, then add to butter mixture. Beat again until combined. Stir in hazelnut meal then sift in flour and stir until combined.
- Roll dough into Tbsp-sized balls. Shape each into an 8cm-long log then bend into a crescent. Arrange on prepared trays 4cm apart.
- Bake, 2 trays at a time, for 15 minutes or until firm to touch and very light brown. Set aside on trays to cool completely.
- To serve, gently dust and toss cooled crescents in extra icing sugar until well coated.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.8 g|
|- Sugars||3.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|