- Makes 40
These classic Italian beauties are served with glace cherries for an extra pop of flavour. Take a bite of nut-packed bikkies, you won't be able to resist seconds!
- 80 g pistachios
- 300 g almond meal
- 250 g caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp pistachio paste (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 120 g pure icing sugar
- 120 g natural coloured glace cherries
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Blitz pistachios in a food processor until finely ground. Add almond meal, caster sugar and pistachio paste, if using, and process until combined. Add egg whites and process until a firm dough forms
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Coat ½ of the dough balls in extra chopped pistachios and the remaining dough balls in pure icing sugar. Arrange on prepared trays. Press a red or green glacé cherry into the middle of each ball.
- Bake biscuits for 16 minutes or until biscuit bases are pale golden brown (middle will still be squishy). Set aside on trays to cool then serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||25.1 g|
|- Sugars||22.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|