Soft fruit is covered in a delicious, golden oat crumble that is impossible for anyone to resist. Best of all, it's ready in just 20 minutes – what a winner!
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 820 g canned pear slices in juice, drained
- 200 g frozen strawberries (2 cups) hulled, halved
- vanilla ice-cream to serve
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 75 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- Place almonds in a shallow, microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high (100 per cent), stirring halfway through, for about 3½ minutes, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, arrange pears and strawberries over base of a greased, shallow, microwave-safe dish (10-cup capacity).
- To make topping, combine flour, oats and sugar in a medium bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until mixture forms large clumps. Crumble over pears and strawberries. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high (100 per cent) for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until top is just firm. Remove. Stand for 5 minutes until crumble becomes crisp.
- Serve with ice-cream.
Try replacing pears with apple pie fruit or canned peaches.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.1 g|
|- Sugars||23.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.5 g|