You'll love these delicious tortillas covered in cheese and filled with flavourful vegies. Salsa and fajita spice adds an extra kick to this dinner dish.
- 2 bunches English spinach
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 420 g canned corn kernels, drained
- 2 Tbsp fajita seasoning mix
- 453 g thick and chunky mild salsa
- 2 cups shredded tasty cheese
- 8 x 20 cm flour tortillas
- sour cream, to serve
- Wash spinach well in cold water. Shake off excess water. Trim spinach, then chop.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add spinach, corn, spice mix and ½ cup of the salsa. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted and mixture is hot. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in half the cheese.
- Divide mixture evenly down the centre of each tortilla, leaving a 2cm border at each end. Roll up to enclose. Arrange tortillas, side by side, in a roasting pan lined with baking paper. Spoon remaining salsa across the centre of tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200°C) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
Try serving this dish with guacamole and jalapenos.
If you prefer, tortillas can be placed on an oven tray lined with baking paper, instead of a roasting pan.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.2 g|
|- Sugars||9.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.6 g|