- Serves 2
Try this easy-to-make version of an omelette for breakfast or dinner!
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 shortcut bacon
- 2 eggs, separated
- salt and pepper to serve
- toast, to serve
- Trace 2 x 8cm circles onto a sheet of baking paper. Place on a greased oven tray, trace-side down. Grease baking paper.
- Place spinach in a microwave-proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and cool. Using your hand, squeeze moisture from spinach. Finely chop.
- Cook bacon in a lightly oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat, for about 2 minutes each side, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl of an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between circles. Gently spread to edge. Using the back of a spoon, make a small indent in the centre of each one.
- Cook in a very hot oven (220°C) for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven. Working quickly but carefully, slide a yolk into centre of each cloud. Return to oven. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until yolks are just set.
- Immediately lift clouds onto warm passata on plates. Serve with bacon and toast.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||0.7 g|
|- Sugars||0.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.5 g|