- Serves 4
This fab family meal is packed with vegies and herbs that make it taste delicious. It's a perfect soup for winter nights, and it's ready in just 30 mins
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 turnip, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, unpeeled, scrubbed, chopped
- 1 parsnip, chopped
- 400 g tinned cannellini beans no salt added, drained, rinsed
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 200 g kale, stalks removed
- freshly ground black pepper
- handful Italian parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and Italian herbs, and sauté for 3 minutes or until vegies are softened.
- Add the turnip, sweet potato, parsnip, beans, stock and 375ml (1½ cups) of water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until vegies are tender. Add kale for the final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding plenty of black pepper. Spoon into four bowls, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
For a thicker, creamier soup, remove half the cooked vegies and beans, puree, then return to the pot before serving.
We used Massel Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Cubes
PER SERVE 857kJ, protein 7g,
total fat 6g (sat. fat 1g), carbs
24g, fibre 12g, sodium 585mg
• Carb exchanges 1 2⁄3 • GI estimate
low • Gluten free • Lower carb
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||27.0 g|
|- Sugars||8.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.4 g|