- Serves 6
It's a bird, it's a plane, no, it's super soup! You'll be feeling soup-er with this offering that's so green you know it's got to be packed with healthy things.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 whole celeriac, peeled, diced
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 185 g watercress, roughly chopped
- 200 g English spinach, roughly chopped
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- handful Italian parsley, leaves chopped, to serve
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and celeriac and sauté for a few minutes until the onion is translucent and the celeriac is starting to brown.
- Add the stock and 500ml (2 cups) of water, and season with black pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 4-5 minutes until it is tender. Add watercress and spinach, put the lid on, then cook for 1-2 minutes until the leaves begin to wilt. Do not let the soup cook for too long at this point or you will lose the lovely bright green colour.
- Carefully transfer the soup into a food processor or Vitamix. Blend for a couple of minutes (on level 10 if using a Vitamix) until completely smooth and creamy. You will probably have to do this in two batches.
- Divide the soup among six warmed bowls and, provided you’re not dairy-free, add a good dollop of yoghurt. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
We used Massel Salt Reduced Vegetable Stock Cubes
PER SERVE 666kJ, protein 7g, total fat 7.9g (sat. fat 1.7g), carbs 8g, fibre 10g, sodium 324mg, • Carb exchanges 1⁄2 • GI estimate low • Gluten free • Lower carb
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.8 g|
|- Sugars||5.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|