This delectable roast pork is a Christmas-style, slightly-sweet feast for any night of the year. Why not invite your friends and family over for a Sunday roast?
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped oregano
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 lemon, zest, finely grated, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.8 kg bone-in pork leg roast, skin and excess fat removed
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
Ginger and honey roasted vegetables
- 1 bunch fresh baby beets, trimmed, scrubbed, washed, dried, quartered
- 3 parsnips, cut in half crossways, sliced lengthways into pieces
- 500 g orange sweet potato, cut in half crossways, sliced lengthways into pieces
- 3 small brown onions, quartered
- 3 cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ bunches broccolini, cut into florets
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 ½ Tbsp salt-reduced traditional gravy powder
- 250 ml boiling water
- 2 Tbsp Marsala
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or gluten-free mustard
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- Combine the oregano, parsley, rosemary, lemon zest and juice, garlic and olive oil in a large shallow dish. Add the pork and turn to coat well in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 6 hours, to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 220 C (fan-forced). Line a small roasting pan and a large roasting pan with baking paper. Place the pork in the small pan and spray with cooking spray. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the Ginger & Honey Roasted Vegetables: Arrange the beet, parsnips, sweet potato and onion over the large pan. Sprinkle the ginger, honey and oil over the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables to the oven with the pork. Reduce oven temperature to 180 C (fan-forced). Roast for 50 minutes, or until the pork is just cooked. Remove the pork from the oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest.
- Add the broccolini to the pan with the vegetables and spray with cooking spray. Increase oven to 220 C (fan-forced). Roast for a further 5 minutes, then sprinkle over the sesame seeds and roast for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, to make the gravy, whisk the gravy powder, water, Marsala, mustard and rosemary in a small saucepan. Cook, whisking, over medium heat until the sauce thickens and comes to a simmer.
- Slice the pork and serve with the vegetables and gravy.
PER SERVE: 1894kJ, protein 44g, fat 13.3g (sat fat 2.6g), carbs 31g, fibre 10g, sodium 268mg. Carb exchange 2. Estimated GI low.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||18.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.4 g|
|- Sugars||14.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.4 g|