This is one of our best pork chop recipes, to be enjoyed with sweet potato mash. It's also ready in just 25 minutes, which makes it the perfect dinner for one!
- 250 g orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp light margarine
- 1 Tbsp reduced-fat grated cheese
- 1 ¼ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g lean pork fillets, trimmed of fat
- freshly ground black pepper
- 140 g Brussels sprouts, trimmed, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 sage leaves, finely shredded
- 2 tsp finely chopped parsley
- Cook the sweet potato in a small saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until very tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add the margarine and mash until smooth. Stir in the cheese.
- Meanwhile, heat 1/4 tsp oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the pork and add to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil to the pan. Add the sprouts, garlic and sage leaves. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the water and continue to cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Stir in the parsley.
- Serve the pork with the mash and sprouts.
Replace the orange potato with Carisma potato and the pork with lean chicken, beef or lamb.
Per serve: 1956kJ, protein 42g, fat 14.3g (sat fat 4.4g), carbs 34g, fibre 17g, sodium 193mg. Carb exchange 2 1/3. Estimated GI low. Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||41.3 g|
|- Sugars||12.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.1 g|