- Serves 1
This fabulous frittata is an easy, 25-minute dinner for one that you can easily whip up after work. It's a dish that's sure to become your next vegetarian fave.
- 200 g Carisma potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh chilli
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- Put the potato in a small microwave-safe dish. Add 60ml (1/4 cup) water. Cover and cook on High/100% for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and cumin seeds. Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until the onion starts to soften. Add the potato, tomato and peas. Toss to combine. Gently toss in the spinach.
- Whisk the eggs and milk. Pour over the mixture in the pan and sprinkle over the parmesan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 7-8 minutes or until the mixture starts to set. Preheat grill on medium.
- Place the pan under the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until set and light golden brown. Serve.
Try replacing the Carisma potatoes with orange sweet potato, the brown onion with red onion and the spinach with rocket.
Per Serve: 1761kJ, protein 27g, fat 16.3g (sat fat 4.5g), carbs 36g, fibre 10g, sodium 294mg. Carb exchange 2 1/3. Estimated GI low. Gluten free.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.5 g|
|- Sugars||11.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.0 g|