Finally, a reason to look forward to mornings! This magnificent muesli covered with coconut, almond and blueberries will be a new flavour-filled favourite.
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
- milk, to serve
- 2 red apples
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- seeds scraped from 1 vanilla pod
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Combine oats, chia seeds, orange juice and yoghurt in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, place in fridge overnight (or for at least 1 hour if short on time).
- To make maple syrup-stewed apple slices, cut the cheeks of the apples, sit flat on work surface and thinly slice. Place maple syrup in a large frypan with 200ml of water. Bring to a simmer. Stir in vanilla seeds then add apple slices, ensuring as many as possible are submerged in the syrup. Cover with a disc of baking paper (optional) to keep the apples in the syrup. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender but still hold their shape, turning occasionally. Chill until needed.
- If serving with coconut, heat oven to 150°C, place coconut on a baking tray and toast for 3-4 minutes (flakes) or 5-6 minutes (shredded).
- Heat a dry frypan over medium- high heat. Toast almonds for 2-3 minutes, until light golden, shaking the pan regularly to prevent burning. Remove from pan.
- To serve, divide muesli between bowls and top with milk and extra yoghurt, if desired, stewed apples, plus your choice of toppings.
The muesli will last 2-3 days in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.1 g|
|- Sugars||28.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.5 g|