- Serves 6
Baby Mac's mum taught her this simple way to cook rice in the oven. Turmeric turns it into the most vibrant yellow that kids will demolish every time!
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a flameproof pan on your stovetop over medium heat. Add in a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Once the oil is warm, add in the teaspoon of turmeric and give it a quick fry-off.
- Place the onion in your pan and coat with the oil.
- Pour in the rice and stir well to coat.
- Add the stock, give it a quick stir, then turn off the heat.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Don't open it, don't look, don't stir, just leave it be.
- After 40 minutes, take off the foil and fluff with a fork. It's perfect every time! You can also use this as a basis for any risotto without the stirring!
• You can add more rice if you need to make for more people (1 cup serves 4-5). Make sure that you double the amount of stock you use per cup of rice.
• You can use any kind of rice for this dish. Baby Mac used Arborio rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||29.1 g|
|- Sugars||0.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|