This rainbow roast is perfect straight out of the oven. With zesty orange and sweet honey, it's a pork dish that's not to be missed!
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard (or gluten-free mustard)
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 180 g lean pork fillets, trimmed of fat
- 200 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ bunch fresh baby beets, scrubbed, unpeeled, halved
- 250 g orange sweet potato, peeled, diced
- 6 large Brussels sprouts, trimmed, quartered
- extra virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Combine the orange zest and juice, honey, oil, mustard, thyme, garlic and pepper in a small jug. Place the pork in a shallow dish and pour over half the marinade. Turn to coat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan-forced). Line a large baking dish with baking paper. Arrange the cauliflower, beets, sweet potato and brussels sprouts evenly in the dish. Pour over the remaining marinade. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high. Remove pork from marinade (reserving marinade) and pat dry with paper towel. Add to pan and cook for 1 minute each side or until brown.
- Remove vegetable dish from the oven, discard foil and spray vegies with oil. Add the pork to the dish, pour over the reserved marinade and bake for 5 minutes, or until pork is just cooked and vegetables are tender. Serve pork cutlets with the roast vegies.
Try replacing the thyme with rosemary and the pork with 125g chicken breast fillet per person.
PER SERVE 1876kJ,
protein 46g, total fat
8.7g (sat. fat 1.8g),
carbs 41g, fibre 14g,
• Carb exchanges 22⁄3
• GI estimate low
• Gluten-free option
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.1 g|
|- Sugars||22.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||11.0 g|