- Serves 4
Jaffles are the best thing since sliced bread. We’ve turned a household staple into delicious dishes everyone will love!
- 400 g canned sliced apples
- 2 Tbsp sultanas
- 2 Tbsp maple-flavoured syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 large slices white bread
- 50 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp icing sugar mixture
- vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 300 ml tub thickened cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- To make sauce, combine cream and sugar in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Stirring occasionally, gently boil for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove, and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine apples, sultanas, syrup and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter. Turn half the bread slices over, butter-side down. Top with apple mixture, spreading to edges. Place remaining slices, butter-side up, over apples.
- Place two sandwiches at a time in a heated jaffle maker. Close lid. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until toasted. Remove. Cut in half diagonally.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar. Top with ice-cream (optional). Drizzle sauce over the top
If you don’t have a jaffle maker, toast sandwiches in a sandwich press or pan fry.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||28.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||98.2 g|
|- Sugars||57.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.9 g|