- Serves 4
It's a simple, go-to favourite of many families for a reason, but you can spice up your regular spaghetti bolognese recipe with some terrific Tuscan flavour.
- 375 g spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g pork and veal mince
- 1 Tbsp Tuscan seasoning
- 680 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Cover to keep warm
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add mince and seasoning. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned.
- Add sauce and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for about 12 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta. Stir to coat.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
Pork and veal mince can be replaced with beef for a change.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||86.0 g|
|- Sugars||18.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||10.5 g|