- Serves 6
Add some fruit to your morning porridge with this perfect compote recipe. You'll love the fruity flavours mixed in, and you'll come back for more.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 ½ cups cloudy apple juice
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ cups dried apples, sliced
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 cup dried peaches, coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups soft pitted prunes
- hot, cooked porridge oats, to serve
- Cut vanilla bean in half lengthways. Scrape out seeds.
- Place vanilla bean and seeds in a large saucepan. Add juice, sugar and cinnamon. Stir over a low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil for 5 minutes.
- Add apples, apricots and peaches. Return to boil. Simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until fruit is slightly softened. Remove from heat. Stir in prunes.
- Pour mixture into a large, shallow, heatproof dish. Cool to room temperature. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with porridge.
Compote can be made up to one week ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Serve with granola, cereal
or yoghurt. If it thickens, stir in a little apple juice before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||83.7 g|
|- Sugars||76.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.2 g|