We've got chills, they're multiplying! This irresistible chilli is paired with pumpkin and beans for a fabulous flavour combination every spice lover will love.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 650 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 425 g canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 400 g canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- flour tortillas, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- avocado, mashed, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add pumpkin, capsicum, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove lid. Cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve with tortillas, sour cream and avocado.
Try replacing black beans with red kidney beans for a change.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice to the avocado to prevent it turning brown.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.9 g|
|- Sugars||11.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||16.2 g|