- Serves 4
Tuna-in to a new kind of pasta experience. It's so easy, perfect for weeknight dinners, and tuna adds some omega-3 to your daily diet. It's a win!
- 375 g penne rigate
- 425 g canned tuna
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g canned cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 Tbsp drained capers, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- finely grated Parmesan, to serve
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup of cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot. Cover to keep warm
- Drain tuna, reserving 2 tblsps of the oil.
- Heat reserved oil in a medium, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring
occasionally, until soft.
- Add tomatoes and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to boil. Add olives, capers and parsley. Simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through tuna.
- Stir tuna mixture into pasta in stockpot. Serve with grated parmesan and extra parsley.
For a spicy kick, replace tuna with tuna in chilli oil.
Don’t over-stir tuna mixture or it will break up.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||75.8 g|
|- Sugars||8.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|