This tandoori meatloaf is an Indian-style dish with a fruity glaze that's simply irresistible.
- 400 g packet vegetable fried rice
- 750 g beef mince
- ¼ cup tandoori paste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- natural yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- Grease a 14cm x 24cm large loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above pan edges.
- Prepare rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Add beef, paste and eggs to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon over chutney, spreading to cover top. Return to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until meatloaf is cooked through. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Remove.
- Serve warm meatloaf with yoghurt and naan bread (optional).
Try replacing tandoori paste with other varieties, such as butter chicken or rogan josh. Meatloaf can also be served cold with a salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.3 g|
|- Sugars||6.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|