- Serves 7
We know it's called a winter soup, but there's no reason you can't eat this thick, comforting meal at any time of year. Dig in to creamy, smoky deliciousness.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200 g sliced boneless double-smoked leg ham portion, cut into short lengths
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 800 g sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 litre chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- croutons, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ham and fennel. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in mustard.
- Add sweet potato and stock. Bring to boil. Gently boil, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until sweet potato is soft. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Using a potato masher, gently mash soup until mixture is coarsely crushed, but not smooth.
- Serve hot soup with croutons.
Divide soup into individual portions among freezer-proof containers. Seal and date. Freeze for up to two months. Thaw and reheat in the microwave.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.6 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.2 g|