- Serves 4
What's better than a good, old fashioned beef pie? Mini beef pies topped with potato, of course! These are perfectly shareable for your next dinner party. Yum!
- 500 g beef mince
- 350 g jar tomato and chargrilled vegetable pasta sauce
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 600 g frozen scalloped potatoes
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- Grease four ovenproof dishes (1 2/3 cup-capacity). Place on a large oven tray
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring to break up mince, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir in sauce and ¼ cup water. Bring to boil. Add spinach. Stir until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among prepared dishes. Arrange potatoes, slightly overlapping, over beef mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden. Serve.
Scalloped potatoes are available in the freezer section of most major supermarkets. We used premium beef mince in this recipe.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||22.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.4 g|
|- Sugars||8.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|