If you're a fan of meatlover's pizza, it's time to try these Mexican quesadillas! Packed with tangy BBQ sauce and chorizo and bacon, it's irresistible.
- 4 x 20 cm flour tortillas
- ⅓ cup barbecue pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- cooking oil spray
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 150 g shortcut bacon, chopped
- ½ x 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- To make filling, heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion, chorizo and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 7 minutes, or until soft. Add tomatoes. Stir for a further 2 minutes, or until tomatoes have softened. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place tortillas on a clean board. Spread evenly with sauce. Spoon filling over one half of each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Fold over to enclose.
- Heat same (cleaned) frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add quesadillas in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan. Cut in half. Serve with salad leaves.
Quesadillas can be cooked in a heated sandwich press. Try adding 1 tsp dried chilli flakes and fresh tomatoes for a spicy alternative.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||31.6 g|
|- Sugars||7.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|