Banana cake just got even better with lashings of thick, fluffy frosting! You won't believe how yummy this tastes, especially with a cup of coffee…
- 125 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mashed banana
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 50 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture
- Grease a 24cm round x 9cm deep baba pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add banana, buttermilk and combined sifted flour and soda. Stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy. Spread over top of cake.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||64.0 g|
|- Sugars||48.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|