- Serves 4
This lovely lamb is complemented by some delicious salsa verde. The olive couscous gives it an extra flavour burst everyone will love!
- 1 ¼ cups couscous
- 230 g jar pitted olives, drained, chopped
- ¼ cup sultanas
- 8 x 100 g lamb leg chops
- salt and pepper, to taste
- steamed, chopped carrots, to serve
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp drained baby capers
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- To make salsa verde, combine parsley, garlic, capers, juice and oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Meanwhile, bring 11/3 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous. Remove from heat. Cover with lid. Stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in olives, sultanas and ¼ cup of salsa verde
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Cut in half.
- Serve lamb with couscous, carrots and remaining salsa verde.
Sicilian olives can be replaced with marinated green olives, if preferred.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||15.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||70.9 g|
|- Sugars||10.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|