- Serves 8
This pea and bacon soup is so speedy it'll become a favourite for weeknight dinners and work lunches. You'll love the creamy texture in this flavour combo!
- 4 middle bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 500 g bag frozen peas
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Heat an oiled stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, until browned and
crisp. Remove. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Heat oil in same stockpot over a medium to high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft.
- Add stock. Bring to boil. Add peas and half the bacon. Return to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, or until peas are tender. Remove from heat
- Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Season with pepper.
- Top soup with remaining bacon and serve with crusty bread.
Soup can be made up to 4 days ahead. Keep covered in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.6 g|
|- Sugars||1.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|