This Indian-style chicken and rice dish is packed with spicy flavour (tikka curry paste, yum!) and a creamy finish in the form of Greek yoghurt.
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 5 cm pieces
- ¼ cup tikka curry paste
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ¼ cups white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup caramelised onion relish
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely grated
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in 2 batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until browned. Add paste and tomatoes. Cook,
stirring, for a further 1 minute.
- Add rice, stock and ¼ cup water. Stir to combine. Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 15 minutes. Spoon over relish. Cover. Cook, without stirring, for a further 5 minutes, or until rice is tender and chicken is cooked.
- Meanwhile, gently stir cucumber into yoghurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve biryani with cucumber yoghurt.
Use your favourite curry paste in this recipe. If you are short of time, buy a tzatziki dip instead of making cucumber yoghurt.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||58.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|