Pizza everything! We’ve added a little `mamma mia’ to these tasty dishes for everyone to share!
- 4 x 200 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying
- ⅔ cup garlic, onion and herbs pizza sauce
- 8 slices leg ham
- 440 g can pineapple, drained
- 2 cups grated pizza cheese blend
- cooked frozen potato wedges, to serve (optional)
- baby rocket salad mix, to serve (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Using a meat mallet, gently pound each one between two sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick.
- Dust chicken in seasoned flour, shaking away excess. Place eggs and breadcrumbs in separate, shallow dishes. Dip chicken in eggs, then in breadcrumbs, pressing on to coat.
- Heat enough oil in a large, deep frying pan to shallow-fry over a medium to high heat.
- Add chicken in two batches. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Transfer chicken to a large oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread evenly with sauce. Fold ham slices in half. Place on schnitzels. Top with pineapple. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked.
- Serve schnitzels with potato wedges and rocket leaves.
Chicken breast fillets can be replaced with 200g chicken breast steaks. Follow recipe from Step 2 onwards
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||44.3 g|
|- Sugars||12.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|