This teriffic tortilla combines potato and mushroom for a tantalisingly soft and fluffy interior…
- 600 g Desiree potatoes, cut into 5 mm thick slices
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 420 g jar puttanesca pasta sauce
- ¾ cup grated tasty cheese
- fresh thyme, to serve
- Grease a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place potatoes in a shallow, microwave-safe dish with 2 tblsps water. Cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for about 7 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring for a further 3 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft. Remove.
- Whisk eggs, yolks, milk and parmesan in a large bowl until combined. Season. Add hot potato and mushroom mixture. Gently stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread with sauce. Sprinkle with Tasty cheese. Return to oven.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown. Remove from oven. Stand for 5 minutes before removing side of pan.
- Slide tortilla onto a serving plate. Garnish with thyme sprigs.
Add hot potato and mushroom mixture to egg mixture for best results. Tortilla can be served warm or at room temperature.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||17.7 g|
|- Sugars||6.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.0 g|