There's just no telling how far you'll go with this gorgeous and delicious inspired cake.
- 4 x 440 g packets golden butter cake mix
- plastic doll
- mini sugar flowers, to decorate
- candy jewellery, to decorate
- crushed shortbread biscuits, to decorate
- 250 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- blue food colouring gel
- 150 g unsalted butter, chopped, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- green food colouring gel
- Grease a Wilton Wonder Mold pan set (12-cup capacity) and a 24cm round x 7cm deep cake pan. Line base and side of round pan with baking paper, extending 3cm above pan edge.
- Prepare cake mixes, one at a time, according to packet directions, reserving icing sachets for another use. Spoon two mixes into Wonder pan and two mixes into round pan. Smooth tops.
- Cook both cakes in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, 20 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Remove. Stand in pans for 20 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- To make blue frosting, beat butter in a small bowl of an electric mixer until pale. Add sugar, 1⁄2 cup at a time, beating until smooth. Tint blue.
- To make green frosting, repeat method for blue frosting, but tint it green.
- Trim top of cakes to sit at. Invert 24cm cake onto a cake board. Reserve 1 1⁄2 cups blue frosting. Spread remaining blue frosting over top and side of cake.
- Invert remaining cake on top. Remove legs from doll and insert into top of cake. Spread 1⁄2 cup green frosting over cake. Spoon remaining green frosting into a piping bag fitted with a Wilton multi-opening tip. Starting from the top of the cake, pipe frosting in a downward motion for a grass skirt.
- Place reserved blue frosting into a separate piping bag fitted with a 9mm star (8 point) nozzle. Pipe onto side of blue cake for waves.
- Place owers on skirt and jewellery on doll. Sprinkle biscuits around board.
You will need a Wilton Multi-Opening Tip and a 9mm star nozzle (8 points), available from cake decorating stores and online.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||71.9 g|
|- Sugars||56.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.0 g|