This vegetarian stir-fry uses eggplant as its 'meaty' hero ingredient in a dish that will be your new go-to favourite.
- ½ butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1 cm slices
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 400 g eggplant, trimmed, halved, cut into 1 cm slices
- ¼ cup chilli jam
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 150 g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1 cup fresh basil
- steamed rice, to serve
- Place pumpkin in a shallow, microwave-safe dish with 2 tbsp water. Cover. Microwave on high (100%) for about 5 minutes, or until just tender, but still firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large wok over a high heat. Add onion and eggplant. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Add paste. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sauce, juice and 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil. Add pumpkin and snow peas. Gently stir-fry for a further 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in basil. Serve with rice.
For best results when microwaving, arrange the pumpkin in a single layer in a shallow dish, rather than a deep bowl.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||51.7 g|
|- Sugars||20.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.7 g|