- Serves 6
There's added creaminess in this tuna bake, courtesy of delicious carbonara sauce and extra cheese.... yum!
- 375 g penne pasta
- 490 g jar carbonara sauce
- 425 g can canned tuna in oil, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups grated cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a stockpot of boiling, salted water until just tender. Drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta to stockpot.
- Pour sauce into a small saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until hot. Add to pasta with tuna, peas, spinach, half the cheese and reserved cooking liquid. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large, ovenproof dish (12-cup capacity). Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve.
Tuna can be replaced with canned salmon or cooked, diced chicken thigh fillets. Any short pasta, such as farfalle or spirals, can be used.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||16.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||50.3 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.1 g|