Tender steaks are the perfect crowd-pleaser – you can't go wrong with a delicious Teriyaki dressing and classic side of rice…
- 450 g packet family-size microwave rice
- 4 x 200 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g punnet sliced Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Heat rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a bowl. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine beef steaks with 2 tbsps of the marinade in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, oiled frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok over a high heat. Add mushrooms and ginger. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, or until soft. Add rice, bok choy, peas, sauce, ¼ cup water and remaining marinade.
Stirfry for a further 3 minutes, or until peas are tender and rice is hot.
- Serve steaks with rice.
Use teriyaki marinade rather than teriyaki sauce. It’s much thicker and sweeter than the sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|