There are so many delicious parts to this recipe! Beetroots make afternoon tea a healthier version of red velvet...
- cooking oil spray, to grease
- 250 g cooked, peeled fresh beetroot
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder, plus extra to dust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 125 g dark chocolate, melted
- 100 ml butter, melted
- 150 g almond meal
- fresh raspberries, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Grease a 30 x 20cm lamington tin with cooking oil and line base and sides with baking paper.
- Put cooked beetroot, raspberries, vanilla and cocoa in a blender and process until a puree forms. Set aside.
- Put eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high, using whisk attachment, for 6 minutes or until thick and pale.
- Sift in baking powder, pour in beetroot puree, melted chocolate and melted butter. Pour in almond meal then fold gently until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in tin to cool completely. To serve, remove cake from tin, dust with extra cocoa and garnish with raspberries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.4 g|
|- Sugars||27.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.8 g|