Strawberries marinated with lime juice and freshly ground black pepper pack a punch in this zesty no-bake treat.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups fresh ricotta
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 500 g fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
- juice and zest 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar mixture, sifted
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Put coconut, dates, cocoa, 1⁄2 of the honey in a food processor. Process until smooth. Line base of 22cm pie dish with baking paper. Press mixture into base.
- Put ricotta, vanilla and remaining honey in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium, using paddle attachment, for 3 minutes or until very smooth. Pipe over base then chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Toss berries, juice, zest, icing sugar and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes. Top tart with berries and syrup. Serve
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||53.6 g|
|- Sugars||48.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.0 g|