It's simply sweet! Enjoy a sweeter version of curry including yummy couscous.
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups pearl couscous
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- ½ cup dried apricots, halved
- ½ cup dried apple slices, halved
- ½ cup chopped mint
- Trim chicken. Cut into 5cm pieces.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to same pan with onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes, or until soft. Add curry. Stir for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to pan with stock, couscous, chutney, apricots, apple and 1⁄2 cup water. Stir well. Bring to boil. Cover with lid.
- Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 12 minutes, or until couscous is tender and chicken is cooked. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with mint.
Pearl couscous is available in the rice section of supermarkets. It will continue to soak up liquid on standing so it’s best served as soon as it is cooked.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.0 g|
|- Sugars||27.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.5 g|