This mish-mash of Italian favourites (garlic bread and meatballs – yum!) will make the perfect creative finger food at your next get-together.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 g jar garlic and herb tomato pasta sauce
- 450 g garlic baguettes (2)
- ¾ cup shredded tasty cheese
- 500 g beef mince
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To make meatballs, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Roll two level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Makes 16.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add meatballs. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until browned all over.
- Transfer balls to a large bowl. Add sauce. Stir to coat.
- Cut baguette all the way through pre-cut slices. Discard ends. Arrange on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Top with meatballs. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in a moderately hot oven (190C) for about 15 minutes, or until bread is crisp. Serve.
Meatballs can be made up to one day ahead. Keep covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.0 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|