Boquerones en vinagre are a type of appetizer or tapa found in Spain, classically served with white anchovies.
- 250 g baby Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 160 g anchovy fillets
- 1 baguette, cut into diagonal slices
- 4 pitted green olives, cut into quartered wedges
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped dill
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Spread tomato halves over paper. Spray lightly with oil. Season. Roast for 35-40 minutes or until starting to shrivel and dry out. Remove and allow to cool. These can be done the day before.
- To make herb vinagreta, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season. Lay anchovies in a flat dish and pour over vinagreta. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat a char-grill plate to medium-high. Spray both sides of baguette slices with oil. Grill until lightly charred on both sides. Remove. Top with a roasted tomato then 2 anchovy fillets. Spoon over some dressing from dish. Top with a wedge of olive and serve.
Find marinated white anchovies in the refrigerated section at delis.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.2 g|
|- Sugars||1.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.3 g|