Up your chicken game with mustard magic! Lemon couscous adds a zesty touch to this weeknight winner.
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 bunches fresh asparagus, trimmed
- baby parsley, to garnish
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine mustards, syrup, parsley, vinegar and 2 tblsps of the oil in a large bowl. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate. Drain chicken
- Combine asparagus and remaining oil in a medium bowl. Season. Toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill plate over a medium to high heat. Add asparagus. Cook, turning occasionally for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender. Remove. Cut into 4cm lengths.
- Add chicken to barbecue or chargrill plate in three batches. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes. Cut in half.
- To make lemon couscous, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Stir in water, rind, juice and oil. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken with couscous. Garnish with parsley.
Chicken breast steaks are also sold as uncrumbed chicken schnitzels. You can butterfly chicken breast fillets by
cutting in half through the side to give two thin pieces of chicken.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||37.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|