No need to shop for these tasty meals – just reach into your pantry!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 200 g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- 2 cups medium-grain rice
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp bottled basil pesto
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Grease a large, ovenproof dish (14-cup capacity).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in sauce and stock. Bring to boil. Stir in rice. Transfer to prepared dish. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese until just combined. Cover tightly with greased foil.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Discard foil.
- Dollop over pesto. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until rice is tender and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with rocket leaves.
Try replacing bacon with mushrooms for a vegetarian option.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||7.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||60.9 g|
|- Sugars||6.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|