The Cobb salad is a classic main-dish American garden salad – with blue cheese!
- 4 eggs
- 200 g packet streaky bacon rashers
- 2 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, washed
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 120 g blue cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh chives
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- To make ranch dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug until combined.
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to boil. Gently boil for 5 minutes before draining. Refresh under cold water then peel. Slice.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add bacon in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Tear bacon into smaller pieces
- Cut lettuce crossways into 1cm slices. Place in a large serving bowl. Arrange tomatoes, eggs, cucumber, bacon and cheese in rows over top. Drizzle with dressing. Toss gently. Serve.
Salad can be assembled up to one hour ahead. Just before serving, add dressing. We used a sweet, slightly nutty blue cheese with a smooth, creamy texture.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||8.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.2 g|
|- Sugars||2.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.2 g|