This decadent but simple cheesecake dessert is worth every mouthful! Best of all, it's topped with crunchy toffee apple – it's truly irresistible.
- 1 ½ x 250 gram packets arrowroot milk biscuits
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 400 g can apple pie filling
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300 ml tub thickened cream, whipped
- 3 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g tub sour cream
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½ cup water
- red food colouring, to tint
- Invert base of a 24cm springform pan (base measuring 22cm). Grease base and side. Line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base and up side of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
- Toss apples with cinnamon in a bowl. Spoon over biscuit base. Place pan on an oven tray
- To make filling, process cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add sour cream and eggs. Process until combined. Pour over apples
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until just set. Cheesecake should have a slight wobble. Turn off oven. Cool in oven with door ajar for 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, for 6 hours or overnight, until firm.
- To make toffee, line an oiled oven tray with baking paper. Dissolve sugar in water in a medium saucepan, stirring over a low heat. Bring to boil. Gently boil, without stirring, for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove pan from heat. Add 10 drops of colouring. Pour onto prepared tray. Add a few extra drops. Swirl through using a skewer. Stand until set. Break into shards
- Remove cheesecake from fridge 30 minutes before serving. Top with cream and toffee shards.
Undecorated cheesecake can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Decorate with cream and toffee just before serving.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||31.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||66.9 g|
|- Sugars||44.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.4 g|